age | e

in front of you in line alphabetically since 2006

Monday, September 04, 2006

the first day of school

So it wasn't really the first day of school today. But all the same, students and teachers filled classrooms and offices this morning for an official welcome, a quick hash of announcements, and then a (I imagine it to be) chipper zatím ahoj --- "See you tomorrow!" The first year students stuck around, getting a big orientation, a tour, and, I hope, cookies.

Of special note, part of the welcome included an intercom message from the former Minister of Education distributed all across the country (including kindergartens, or so I hear). She can't get out of her job (she wanted to, it seems) because the tied-up government (both coalitions in Parliament have 100 seats) can't agree on a replacement. She sounded a bit bitter, one of my officemates said.

I was mostly thrilled that Arabská does intercom announcements. Really now, if this is a part of every morning, then I'll consider adding the American Pledge of Allegience and the cafeteria menu in English to my morning class routine. I'll have to ask Chrissy about that.

In the meantime, we'll be sending out a newsletter within the next two weeks to spread the word on our latest and about this new blog. Until then...

Zatím,
Joel

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! It's so great to be reading the blog again!
Hugs

3:57 PM  
Blogger James said...

Great indeed. Glad to hear things are going smoothly - or so it seems. :-)

Godspeed.

For now.

9:09 AM  
Blogger The Dorrs said...

Ohhh...school announcements.

Welcome to the big city, Joel.

Beka

2:50 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Hey guys,

The photo of the two of you is great... is there more? Maybe I'm missing something.

Can you do me a favor?

Would you blow a big kiss to Arabska for me?

Miss you guys!

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home