age | e

in front of you in line alphabetically since 2006

Saturday, August 11, 2007

czech this out

We were shopping in North Highlands (near Sacramento) this afternoon when I heard two little girls speaking in Czech.

"Jano, kam jdeš?" she said---where are you going, Jana?

It was all I could do not to try and but in on their conversation (as if I would have even understood it). It remains a foreign language to me, but it is nevertheless a familiar one.

In my attempts to eavesdrop, I did have the good sense not to follow these two girls around the store. One tends to attract criminal records doing things like that.

5 Comments:

Blogger James said...

I find that anything which might attract criminal records is not a good idea, especially with my job description...

And you probably wouldn't want one beginning now or anytime for that matter - I don't care what the storybooks say.....

8:34 PM  
Blogger Jessica Emmans, Kyle Booterbaugh, and Nathan J. Emmans said...

I was going to call you a pedophile in czech, but it is spelled pedofil so it would have looked like I can't spell...which i can't do anyway, but that is besides the point...pedofil.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Kyle Ray said...

oops! kyle said that, the art of whimsy is not responsible for anything he says or does.... :)

10:49 PM  
Blogger Trooper said...

you should have stopped to talk with them. Ok so i don't have time to catch up on your blogs right now but will later. So you might have answered the question i am about to ask somewhere down the line but are you going to be aroud so cal anytime after mid sept? i hope so cause i would love to catch up. where are you living now?

1:54 AM  
Blogger Peta said...

I think they would be kindly suprised that you talked to them - even if your Czech consisted only of a few words. :) (and I know for a fact you speak much better than that :)

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home