age | e

in front of you in line alphabetically since 2006

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Boy or....Girl??

Something embarassing that keeps happening to me here in California as I sub is that I keep thinking girls are boys or vice versa. There's a new haircut-- well, new to me, maybe not so new in the pop-culture scene-- where guys and girls have the same haircut. This short bob with a fringe of bangs that's swept across their forehead. At first glance it's really hard for me to tell- boy or girl? Today was my 2nd time making this mistake! I called on a student and asked him to go sit by the "boy" across from him. Ooops. The class just errupted into all-out laughter. Thankfully, the uh, girl, took it pretty well. I still apologized to her later 'cause I felt like such an idiot. Let's all hope that I get better at detecting girl faces vs. boy faces.... since hair cuts just don't seem to help these days.
- Chrissy
Can you tell? Boy or girl?

4 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Boy. But only because of the nose. Unless it's a girl with a distinct nose...

6:30 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I'd say boy too.

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say it is a new fashion. I think it is called EMO.Boys look like girls & girls look like boys. It is getting popular here in the Czech Republic, too ;)

10:51 AM  
Blogger Kyle Ray said...

i do this all the time with my sister's friends, its scene, its emo, its the fact that being gay (and i mean really gay in the homosexual way) is cool and trendy, yeah, the silly thing is that boys tend to not mind being called girls and rightly so, they are wearing girls clothing and have girl haircuts and makeup on afterall. i just hope this trend fades, i cant stand it.

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home