age | e

in front of you in line alphabetically since 2006

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

a short rant of the ungrateful

I already don't know anybody's phone numbers since I started storing them in a cell phone. I don't ever look for anything myself anymore because my wife knows where everything is. And now Blogger says that it saves my posts auotmatically as I'm typing them up, presumably so I don't have to remember to push the button myself.

In the spirit of this "ungrateful" mini-rant, this is what they call "learned helplessness." Sign me up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hum...I'd like to hear the story behind that little tantrum...
Mayhaps you could rent out a bit of the unused brain space...just a thought...

9:28 AM  
Blogger James said...

Some of my friends don't even know their own cell phone number. "Here, lemme call you" they'll say, expecting the prospective new cellphone number holder to know their own.

Ask me someone's home phone from elementary school, and I've got a pretty good chance of knowing it. Like Ander Pierce's for example, and we weren't even related.

But then again....my cell phone is going to die soon - I'll be connected to the world through skype, and I'll have to start memorizing e-mail addresses.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home