age | e

in front of you in line alphabetically since 2006

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

a few li'l updates

So, here's a few little li'l updates:

  • Chrissy's got a spiffy new job as an ESL teacher for adult students. She's really busy this week with orientations, meetings, paper work and the like, so I'll just give this blurb and maybe she'll give us more details later on. But we're really excited about this. Yay!
  • I'm now in my seventh week at Starbucks. It is by far the stickiest job I have ever worked, with the ridiculous exception of one week at Gleanings For The Hungry when I jumped into a huge vat of rotten peaches. Seriously, I feel like I have whipped cream all over my arms sometimes (well, not really). I found caramel sauce in my hair two weeks ago. Either this is place is a hurricane of sugar or I am a messy barista. Actually, I think it's both.
  • My mom is going to have open heart surgery by the end of the month. She seems to be the least worried out of everyone, but we would all rather just be on the other side of this.
  • So my World Series prediction is a complete bust as of two days ago. But who saw the Mets not making the playoffs? And the Angels---they're my A's rivals, but I hafta give respect to a great team. Here is my revised prediction: The Rockies will continue their incredible run and beat the Indians in six.
  • Condolences go to readers who are Cubs, Astros, Phillies and Angels fans. If your team isn't on this list, you never told me you liked them. If you're a Yankees fan, [insert disparaging remark that in no way communicates sympathy].
  • This video made me laugh out loud all alone in my room. Half of me hopes that it's real. The other half fears deep down that it is.

7 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Oh wow...what an interview.

And yes, I'm disappointed in my Angels, but you can't do too much when your team averages 1.33 runs a game...

3:58 PM  
Blogger Priya, Prior, Pyra said...

I'll be praying for your mom.
I have just concluded my internet research on Senator Collins who was featured in this clip.
I know if he's real or not. Do you want to know?


SPOILER ALERT




he is a comedy guy

11:26 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Chrissy congrats on the job! I'm glad things are going well. I miss you guys!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Kyle Ray said...

Joel messy with food, I don't believe it.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Peta said...

I'll be praying that your mom's operation will go without problems.

Wow, the speed of the interview reminds me of the Gilmore Girls. :)

9:24 AM  
Blogger Michael H said...

I'm willing to place a small wager on the Indians, should they come up against the Rockies. The battle is against the Red Sox... once they're out of the way, its smooth sailing.

I miss you guys.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home