age | e

in front of you in line alphabetically since 2006

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

final exams

We have reached what I think is safely called the middle of the end: maturitas are upon us.

Rather, I should say that maturitas---graduation exams---are upon our students, as we have the somewhat cushy-by-comparison job of listening and asking questions and writing down notes and assessments as such while our boys and girls have the weight of four-plus years of ever-building expectations squeeze every last ounce of sweat out of them and into their smart black suits and dresses.

If anything, for as bad as it sounds like they smell, they actualy look great. And, hopefully, will sound great, too.

For a synopsis of what a maturita day looks like, follow this link to my explanation from last year. Arabská's got a slightly different version of this, but from what I've seen it's basically the same. So remember our panic-stricken students this week when you're talking with Jesus. They need all the help they can get.

2 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Maturita week was one of my favorite weeks last year... I loved that extra time of encouraging the students.

Janis e-mailed me and told me of 4A's marks thus far... they are doing great! I'm so proud!

I really wish I could be there now, but since I can't, I am really glad you can.

Enjoy them for me!

6:28 PM  
Blogger James said...

My favorite part of your blog is that it helps me brush up on my Czech, which is good sense it's begun to wane.
Keep track of my when I leave for Israel.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=105338912

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home