age | e

in front of you in line alphabetically since 2006

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

october photo show

So Jon and Abbey hosted a pumpkin carving night last week. They spread out a tarp on their living room floor, brought out all kinds of cutlery (including a genuine scalpel and the infamous Ginzu knife), plopped down a bowl for plopping in pumpkin seeds, and by the end of the evening we had filled their porch with jack-o-lanterns. Here's the full line-up:

Here's a close-up of the pumpkin eyeball and the "punk-a-lope"/roadkill pumpkin.


Here's two more, including the pumpkin monster on the left. Unfortunately you can't see the persimmon-laden branches for the arms in this photo.


And everybody's favorite, my sister's ninja pumpkin...and its unfortunate victim...


The only downside of this night is our unseasonably warm late-October weather, which had all of these pumpkin growing hair after only two days. We had to throw ours out last night, two nights before Halloween :-(



And this is a birdhouse in the pasture on the hill above the house where we're living these days.


And...I think it was last weekend...we went to a marching band competition in Loomis. Both of us used to be band geeks in high school, so this was especially fun for us. I marched in the Loomis band review four years straight. Our friends John and Laurie had invited us to watch with them, and my cousin Blayne (yes, the wasp in the hair cousin Blayne) was marching with my old high school band and our friends. On the whole it was more enjoyable this time around to be on the side of the street.

This is us after the band review. Looking oh so good.


But not quite as good as this guy. Does life get better than a drum major in full Scottish attire? I submit that it cannot.

7 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Sorry 'bout the warm October weather, I can't do much about it but I can feel remorse for you in having to lose your splendid pumpkins.

I still don't know what I'm going to dress up as tomorrow night as I take the kids out to go trick or treating. Hmmmm...we'll have to think about that one.

Your submission for life getting better has been taken into consideration. Please allow 6-8 weeks for the full reviewing process and then expect to receive a letter in the mail regarding such occurrence.

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good pics :)

12:51 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Those are some impressive pumpkins. We wanted to carve pumpkins with our youth group here, but I didn't see any for sale around. I'm getting really excited for our early Thanksgiving Retreat this year...still no word on where it's going to be held, but we're leaving Thursday morning. Hope you guys have a fantastic weekend.

11:31 PM  
Blogger James said...

I don't know if you'll read this or your myspace first, but I wanted to wish you a belated birthday. I tried my best to remind myself on the 2nd that it was your birthday....but I failed miserably. Hopefully you'll be able to find it in your heart to forgive me.

Thanks.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

You were present at our Thanksgiving Retreat, Joel. Someone still possessed footage of "Abraham Father" from the last Thanksgiving talent show, and it was shown again in all its glory.

You and Chrissy were missed.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Kyle Ray said...

no there not...liar.

good bird house, I like.

scots are cool...indians too.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Kyle Ray said...

sorry "they're", never wasn't no english major

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home