age | e

in front of you in line alphabetically since 2006

Monday, October 30, 2006

Ouch!

So, if blondes can have their moments, then I claim that redheads can too.

Last Wednesday afternoon, I had a redhead moment.

When I was out shopping near Wenceslas Square, I tripped on a man hole cover and landed on my chin. Good thing it was my chin and not my nose, right? Thankfully, two very solicitous Czechs (no, "solicitous Czechs" is not an oxymoron :) came to help me and gave me their kleenexes to help stop my chin from bleeding. Not knowing how deep the cut was, I went to a Lekarna and got some bandages. But, I was shooken up and so I called Joel and asked him to meet me. Joel took one look at my chin and said I needed stitches. Not what I wanted to hear! So, we made our first trip to a Czech hospital where I did indeed get stitches. On the positive side, it was a very good hopsital visit: we got a doctor who spoke English!

A cute sidenote is that our friend's son, Nehemiah, asked me why I had a bandage on my chin, and, when I told him that I fell down, he looked at me sternly and asked, "Chrissy, were you running?" His parents are always telling him not to run in the house, and so Nehemiah assumed that's what I was doing. Well, being an object lesson for a 3 year-old is, I suppose, a worthy cause :)

Chrissy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't mention if Joel kissed it to make it better. I'm sure he did though.

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, i can't claim to any redhead moments. But I'm sure you can recall some very "blond" moments. And, in the spirit of cheering you up, Tara doesn't fall far from the tree! I hope that you're okay, sometimes it hurts worse after a day or so. Love you, Amanda

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home