age | e

in front of you in line alphabetically since 2006

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

nekecala

Last week, 4.B and I were discussing whether or not it's ethical to buy and sell wild animals. Part of the discussion inevitably went to our pets---if Tereza says we shouldn't buy giraffes, why should we buy dogs and cats?

Lucka piped in at this point.

"I've got a big spider. It's as big as my hand."

Really.

"Actually, we have 17 spiders like this."

No way. You're joking. You mean you have 17 tarantulas in your house?

"No, I'm not joking! And we live in an apartment."

Really.

"And when I was younger, my father used to sell them like a business. We used to have 300 little tarantulas in our apartment."

You really are joking now.

Well, Lucka wasn't joking about any of it. And today she brought me a small (keep in mind: small for a tarantula) tarantula skin to prove it. I guess tarantulas shed their skins like snakes. She told me I could keep it. "Thanks," I said, "but eww."

I almost gave my officemate a heart attack when I told her the story. Pray for Alena ;-)

Joel

4 Comments:

Blogger Corrigan Vaughan said...

uck. i feel like i have spiders crawling all over me after reading that.

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome. I would not be able to sleep at the apartment....300 spiders...ugh.
Hm...17 is enough, too.
I hope you are doing well. P.S - We say nekecala - not nekecála:)

5:21 AM  
Blogger .heidi.noelle. said...

so nice to be found by you! i must give you a late congratulations on your marriage! "congratulations to you both!"

so what story would you like e-mailed to you:) i am more than willing, but i was a bit confused.

please give chrissy my love.

jt

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My only comment would be at least they didn't have scorpians...yuck a gazillion times one of the only things I can think of slightly worse...aaaaaa

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home